Overview of Day — Wednesday, October 8, 2014
10:30 am — Registration Begins
11 am – 4 pm — Fair
Want to register for the Challenge Fair?
Please visit or contact your school’s Career Center to sign-up. Each school needs to know in advance who will be attending the Challenge Fair.
Preparing for CHALLENGE
- Contact your Career Center for registration procedures.
- Attend Information/Orientation Session offered by your Career Center to learn how get the most out of the Challenge Fair, or schedule an one-on-one appointment with a Career Counselor at your school to discuss strategies for connecting with employers at the Fair.
- Prepare a resume. The Career Center on your campus will work with you to ensure that you have a resume that reflects your unique qualifications and will help you stand out at the Challenge Fair.
- Review employer information on this web site or in your school’s Career Center.
- Review Hiring Regulations.
- Schedule a mock interview with your Career Center to practice your interview and networking skills so you can make the most of your interactions with potential employers.
- Be sure you have professional attire to wear, first impressions are very important.
- Additional resources to help you prepare for the Fair:
The Challenge Consortium organizes this Fair to assist students in finding jobs and internships.
Students are responsible for all necessary precautions when interviewing for or accepting positions with the organizations attending the Fair as well as for checking the credentials and integrity of any employer.
Comments from Students who attended:
- “Very professional, impressive. Gave me a good feeling and confidence.”
- “Things were kept organized and people were always there to help.”
- “Position descriptions were very helpful. I was able to check my interests, skills, education to see if the position was for me.”
- “It was a great experience.”
- “There were more opportunities than just those listed.”
- “Employers were nice and helpful.”